First things first, I'm not responsible if you end up with a bricked phone or any other mess. (Even I used to get scared by these msgs, its all about deciding whether you want it or not)
Rooting/Jailbreaking your device gives you access to the core files of your Android OS so that you can mess around with your phone better. Many apps require your phone be rooted, hence this article to help you achieve that.
Rooting your LG Optimus One P500 is a walk in the park.
Follow these steps and you're good to go :
- Download z4root.1.3.0.apk
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB, turn on USB Storage and paste this file in the Downloads folder on the Removable Drive of your phone (for uber n00bs, advanced users may feel free to shove it anywhere)
- Now after the file has been copied, Turn off USB Storage from your phone, wait for SD card to be ready and then unplug the USB Cable from the phone.
- Press the central launcher button and scroll to OI File Manager (or any other file manager you have) and open the downloads folder.
- Touch the z4root.1.3.0.apk file and install it.
- After installing, goto the app drawer and click on the z4root icon
- Select Permanent root
- It'll ask you to enable USB debugging, enable it.
- Confirm your action by touching OK
- The screen will stop and will go white for sometime (around 30 seconds) and then reboot
- Once rebooted, touch the central app launcher button and scroll down to the downloaded apps and click on z4root icon.
- If it shows the option to Re-root or Un-root, congratulations! You can have a cookie from my side. Don't forget to comment .
- If it doesn't, try googling and getting a fix (Post comments here and I'll update you with it ASAP)
Hope you found this article helpful in rooting your Optimus One P500 :)